The ability to engage an audience is becoming increasingly difficult with the large amount of advertising media we encounter on a daily basis. People’s inclination to gloss over advertisements that embody a “cookie cutter” marketing strategy, stems from the fact that people have seen these methods over and over again. This is why finding new ways to intrigue your audience is imperative to keeping up with the shifting landscape of cause marketing.
Here are some tips to create an effective cause marketing campaign.
- Portray a clear message pertaining to your mission
- Encompassing the idea that your brand’s mission is more important than your brand itself.
- Tapping into a shared vision that your community members can work towards starts with making sure your community understands your mission and what you are trying to achieve.
- The importance of storytelling
- Nonprofit storytelling can motivate people to pay attention and take action
- Traditional marketing methods make it clear that companies are trying to sell, sell, and sell. Storytelling structure is understandable and approachable, and more effective in appealing to your audience.
- Intrigue your audience with an emotional response
- This is about going beyond financial value, it is about offering tangible value such as providing children with footwear, or the homeless with food.
- Offering tangible value will resonate far more deeply than just giving money to charity.
- Define what would make your campaign successful
- A monetary goal – Raising $100,000
- A tangible goal – Providing 10,000 kids with school tuition
- Once you define the action that you want people to take, you can determine who is most likely to take that action, and the emotional storytelling hooks them to do so.
As a nonprofit, it is your duty to relay a message that resonates with a community of people that share the same vision as you. Whether it’s appealing to emotion, or through storytelling, the defining factor of a campaigns success hangs on its ability to communicate a worthwhile cause. In a flooded online market, there is no question that finding new ways to reach your audience is imperative to staying ahead of the curve, and finding success in your campaign.