The fact of the matter is, advertising is not cheap. Most of the time free advertising is ineffective, and over saturated. Leave it to Google Ad Grants to fill in those gaps. If you are a qualifying nonprofit you’ll receive $10,000 in in-kind Google Ads advertising every month.
About Google Ads
- Your ads will be entirely text-based (no videos or images)
- They’ll appear only on Google search results pages, In positions below the ads of paying advertisers
- All Campaigns must be keyword-targeted
- Your Maximum cost-per-click (CPC) will be $2.00 USD
Applying For Google Ad Grants
- All you have to do is register with your local TechSoup partner, fill out a form, and upload proof of your nonprofit certification.
- Hold valid nonprofit status
- Agree to Google certifications and terms of service
- Direct all proceeds from product to sales to their philanthropic efforts
- Have a quality website which meets Google Assessment Criteria (Based on 5 factors)
- Technological Aspects & Interactivity
Setting up and managing your Google Ad
- Ensure you are using keywords your target audience is using to find organizations like yours.
- Don’t use industry lingo, acronyms, or competitor names. The “KeyWord Planner” in Google Ads provides insights on the sort of long-tail and broad match keywords which people are using.
- Ads can be stopped, and restarted.
- It is imperative that you test your advertisements to ensure you are acknowledging the best strategy
- Make sure your landing page is relevant to the Google Ad Copy
As a nonprofit organization spreading awareness about your cause can be a top priority, although spending money on advertising can be expensive and timely. Google Ad Grants takes the heavy lifting out of the equation and the best part about it, it’s free. Take the time and see if Google Ad Grants Is right for your organization and act upon the affordances given to you as a nonprofit organization.